Drag your finger across the table to scroll
||Electric Motor Power
||Free Air Delivery*
||Max. Working Pressure
||Sound Pressure Level**
|MAXIMA 160 X
Working pressure: 109 psig
* F.A.D. in accordance with ISO 1217:1996, annex "C"
** According to PN8NTC2.3; value measured at 1 m distance
243 through 1,206 SCFM: MAXIMA Series is Mattei’s commitment to energy savings and environmental protection. This energy saver is ideal as a base load machine and unrivaled in combination when using an energy saving OPTIMA VSD compressor as a trim machine. Together, they generate energy savings that are hard to beat.
- Condensate Drain and Separator Kit — The kit includes a condensate separator and a timed electronic drain.
- High Efficiency Air Intake Filter Kit — Heavy-duty high efficiency air intake filter is an option for dirty, dusty environments. Removes solid particles > 3µ with a filtering efficiency up to 99%. (Model MAXIMA 55 and larger)
- Energy Consumption — Leveraging the superior slow speed advantages engineered into all MATTEI airends, MAXIMA boasts some to the lowest energy consumption per kW/100 CFM performance in the industry. Which rivals two-stage rotary screw air compressors with a fraction of the complexity and low cost of operation.
- Reliability — These compressors are designed for industrial use 24 hours a day and 12 months a year at constant pressure. Mattei compressors’ running often exceeds 100,000 working hours, as evidenced by our Revolutionary 10 Year Warranty
- Incredibly Quiet — MAXIMA Series compressors are cabinet enclosed machines that operate at a constant 1,200 rpm and deliver sound levels as low as 65 dB (A)
- Bearingless Airends — Much like the connecting rods on your engines crankshaft, the heart of the Mattei rotor stator unit (RSU) is the rotor which is simply supported by two (2) white metal Babbitt bushings that routinely deliver >100,000 hours of life. Screw type compressors use up to six (6) radial and thrust bearings engineered for only 50,000 hours (ASME B-10) of life
- Air Quality — The exclusive three-stage oil separating system guarantees a maximum oil carry-over in the air lower than 3 ppm. Moreover, the air cooled aftercooler ensure approach temperatures of 18°F or less.
- Premium Efficiency Motor — Premium efficiency totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) electric motors is standard on MAXIMA Series
- Direct Coupling — This is obtained with a flexible coupling between motor and compressor, without any need for belts. It is without roller bearings needing maintenance.
- Motor Starter — Energy saving wye delta motor starters is standard on MAXIMA Series
- Air Treatment — Air cooled aftercooler with 18°F approach temperature. Moisture separator with automatic drain valve is optional on MAXIMA Series.
- Maintenance — Maintenance operations only include changing the oil at predetermined intervals, cleaning or replacing the air filter and cleaning the radiator. Benefit from half the oil volume of rotary screw types, and oil separating filters that can reach 10,000 working hours, for significant savings over the life of the machine.
- Capacity Controls Adapt to Your Demands — The layout and design of every air system is different. Thus, Mattei provides a variety of control schemes as standard to better adapt to the demands and dynamics of your system, to save energy and prevent short-cycling and ambient oil misting problems created by inflexible control schemes and underutilized compressors.
- Modulation Operating Mode at Constant Pressure — Thanks to a modulating proportional intake valve that supplies air at constant pressure, these compressors can even work without air receivers. This method automatically adapts to system demands and is ideal for applications with little storage or continuous high air demands.
- Automatic On Load / Off Load — Load/Off Load maintains line pressure within a minimum/maximum pressure range, and the compressor may stop and restart according to air demand. Ideal for applications with adequate air storage tanks or large variations in air demand.
- Combined On/Off Load and Modulation Regulation — This regulation allows Mattei compressors to modulate within a set pressure range (for example, ± 4-5 psi). Should the air demand decrease, the compressor will off-load and stop, with evident energy savings. Ideal for applications with little storage and large variations in demand.
- Electronic Controllers — MAXIMA Series is equipped with an exclusive state-of-the art computerized controller, Maestro XS.
Maestro XS automatically controls, monitors and programs the unit’s operation, and has an option to connect to a PC for a remote control. If connected to other compressed air packages equipped with Maestro XS, the unit can become master of a compressed air plant, thus saving on the installation of a superior controller. Maestro XS can be interfaced via web or cellular technology to provide remote service monitoring.
- High Efficiency Air Intake Filter Kit — Heavy-duty high efficiency air intake filter is an option for dirty, dusty environments. Removes solid particles > 3µ with a filtering efficiency up to 99%. (Model MAXIMA 30 only)
- Integrated Refrigerated Dryer — Integrates a refrigerated dryer into cabinet. Reduces installation costs and space requirements. space requirement. (Models MAXIMA 30 thru MAXIMA 75 only)
- Oil-Water Separator Kit — Oil-water separator is fitted inside the cabinet, to ensure separation of oil from the condensate drain water
- Converting Serial Board — Allows communication with the protocol converter. One serial board is required for each compressor
- Integrated Heat Recovery Kit — Plate type oil/water heat exchanger, thermostatic valve and connecting pipes mounted inside cabinet. Ideal for hot liquid process applications. (Maxima 55 and larger)
- Air Treatment Products — Mattei offers comprehensive air treatment accessories to complete your air system including: in-line coalescing filters, refrigerated air dryers, desiccant air dryers, sterile in-line filters, air receiver tanks, timer and demand style condensate drains, and oil/water condensate separators.
Drag your finger across the table to scroll
|MAXIMA 160 X
Please fill out the form below and your personal mdi product expert will email you your quote. The more information that you provide the quicker we can send you a quote. Sending an incomplete quote request could mean that we have to contact you for necessary information before sending your quote. And know that our knowledgeable sales staff is standing by to help you with your order and with any questions.
In a rush? Use our Quick Contact form to get in touch with us fast!
If you have about five minutes to spare, though, you can save time on the quoting process by filling out the form below.
mdi does not advertise prices online. The cost of products is subject to change over time. In order to extend to you the best price that we can offer, we prefer to create written and emailed quotes which reflect any discounts or promotions currently available. Some products can be quoted over the phone, and expediting quotes and orders is always available per request.
See our Terms and Conditions for more information about the mdi sales process.
Call us any time Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM ET.
Phone: (727) 835-0668 | Toll Free: 800-761-4298
Fax: (813) 571-0422 | Email or Fill Out the Form Above